Bajio Balam Sunglasses
The Spanish word for Jaguar, Balam is also the Campeche, Mexico flat famous for sightings of constantly rolling baby tarpon and the occasional curious big cat. Whether you’re casting from a low-tide sandbar or burying your toes in the sand at a beachside bar, the stylish, fashion-forward Balam is perfect for combing the horizon or trading tall tales at the cantina.
A full-coverage frame crafted from our stronger, lighter, plant-based polycarbonate. Lower frame weight equates to more comfort, especially when combined with our polarized lenses and proprietary LAPIS technology designed to reduce eye strain and fatigue.
- Medium to small fit
- Full 8-base wrap design for light-blocking performance
- Generous non-slip rubber nose pads
- Rubber temple tips for a snug fit
- Made from plant-based polycarbonate that bio-degrades more easily and is gentler on our oceans; bio-based nylon is 10x stronger than petroleum-based plastic
- Choice of lens colors in both glass and polycarbonate
- All lenses are polarized and include proprietary LAPIS technology that blocks blue light, making them the clearest lenses on the planet
- Oleophobic lens coatings reduce scratching and make cleaning easier
- Glass $249
- Polycarbonate $199